If less is more, is more better?
At Centennial, we believe that in order to be good at something, you need to spend time focusing on your craft.
The Game Art & Design program is different from all the other colleges, our program is focused on creating digital artists. We are looking for students that are focused and dedicated artists looking to take their career to the next level.
So what does that mean?
What we do:
Our curriculum is focused on creating digital artists to work in the game industry as environment artists, character artists, surfacing artists, concept artists and technical artists. Our curriculum will teach you the best tools, practices and techniques to produce stunning 3D assets.
- environment modelling
- character design and modelling
- digital sculpting using ZBrush
- assets integration and polishing in Ureal 4
- 16 months of intensive, focused training
What we don’t do:
- programming, math or physics
- sound design
- design levels and game-play
- animation & rigging
- game theory
- stories and character development
How we do it.
Semester 1: A transition from traditional media to digital media.
You will learn the basics of working in 3D as well as refining your digital and traditional 2D skills.
Semesters 2 & 3: Honing your craft.
Learn how to create efficient topology, stunning texturing and lighting techniques in the Unreal game engine.
Semester 4: Polish.
Your final semester is all about creation. Your final project and group game project will fill out your demo reel. Some student choose to do a traditional field placement in 4th semester instead of the group game project with UofT programmers.
- Focused curriculum, designed by industry professionals.
- Excellent teacher to student ratio (small classes!)
- Dedicated and passionate instructors that are working professionals in the game industry.
- Fourth semester field placement.
- Latest software & hardware– graduates transition seamlessly into production environment.
- Excellent Facilities: dedicated labs with 24/7 student access.
- Great downtown location, the Story Arts Centre is nestled in a quiet neighbourhood, 5 min walk from Pape Subway, steps from the thriving Danforth restaurant district.