- This event has passed.
The Future of Media; Mar. 7, 4-6 pm @ Story Arts Centre
March 7, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join us at Centennial College’s Story Arts Centre on March 7th for an engaging and provocative panel discussion with:
- Carley Fortune, Executive Editor at Refinery29 Canada
- Lindsey Wiebe, Canada Audience Growth Editor at The New York Times
- Noah Genner, Director of BookNet Canada
- Nathan Maharaj, Senior Merchandising at Kobo
- Cory Beatty, Senior Director of Marketing and Publicity at Harper-Collins Canada
We plan on exploring a few of the most pressing issues in a rapidly changing and evolving industry, including:
- It’s Not Pie: Strategies and solutions to address a lack of diversity at every level of the industry, from content production to content consumption.
- The Rise of the Machines: The impact of machine learning and big data on bookselling.
- Hed’s Up: Addressing readership and content creation in the magazine industry—is digital the new frontier, or a mirage?
- ‘Ear ‘Ear: What does the rise in audiobooks and associated audio content mean for traditional media
- Fresh Perspectives: What is a key problem in the industry that someone who is just starting out could start working on, and begin to address?
- Minority Report: What are some strategies for including more underrepresented voices and perspectives, both within the industry, and in the content that we produce?